Saturday, June 13, 2015

I learned what AMRAP means---Do you??


Day 4-As many reps as possible (AMRAP)
I have officially made it to the fourth day.  See all that stuff on the board behind me?  I did that plus two reps of a strengthening program-almost two total hours before 10 am.  Yes-this is me, Debbie who normally sleeps til at least 9 on Saturday and then spends the next two hours drinking coffee!!!! I did it and I was able to still talk through it and I DID NOT DIE!  I was really hurting running up the stairs--(OK let me be totally honest-it was more of a saunter)---but I did a lot of self talk and made it. I was a sweaty stinky mess but so was everybody else and I was excited I was able to complete everything.  It felt like quite an accomplishment today.  Most everything I did I can keep doing and about half of it were things I can do at home without even going to a gym.  I did take ibuprofen when I got back and took a two hour nap-----BUT change is slow so this is only day 4..right???  And just by the way, I did not feel one bit guilty about my nap!

I talked to all my kiddos and hubby today and guess what-they are all doing fine without me there.  I knew they would but I used them as an excuse for a long time to not come here.  I think I use them as the main excuse to not take care of me. It is good to see them happy and well taken care of and that they can make it without me.  Not that they would want to and not that I would want to be without them but I think I can take a little more time for me and they will make it.  

Anyway-enough deep thoughts for tonight. I am gonna try to make it through a movie and then to bed!  I have exercise early in the AM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment