Friday, February 27, 2015

No excuses.


Yesterday was not a great day.  I didn't work, kids out of school...long morning, coffee drinking kind of day. I could have exercised....I didn't. I could have chosen not to eat the Reese's chocolate peanut butter bars my daughter made, but I didn't. I could have gone out and played in the snow, but I didn't.  I know I know....everyone needs a break,but I didn't. This whole week was filled with free time and I chose to do other things. It's all about choices.  I am great at excuses, another thing I've figured out about myself AND I am GREAT at selling my excuses to anyone who cares to listen. But, ultimately all of life comes down to the decisions I make. I can excuse myself right into oblivion and still have ALL the consequences and rewards of the choices make.  It's usually not life and death, good or bad, it's more like good or better.  I want to choose better.  I want to make less excuses and more choices.  I went to the gym first thing today. Water aerobics and 20 laps. I needed to make better choices today. I have to make today what yesterday wasn't.  No excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment